Sunday, May 3, 2009

Congratulations on your new E30 and by the way, it doesn't run.


My Mom and her husband Tim were kind enough to give my wife and I their 1991 BMW 325I. There was only one problem, it didn't run. Annie and I had it towed out to the family farm in Willsonville, OR where it sat for a few months until I was able to spend some time diagnosing the problem. Now I'm nowhere near a mechanic. In fact I have almost no experience or knowledge aside from the basic ability to change the oil or a spark plug and maybe some brake pads. After some reading and assistance from family I determined that the fuel pump was bad.

One trip to U-Pull It and $17.00 later and I was off ripping down the street to some factory tunes naive to the fact that I was headed down a slippery slope of E30 modding.

No comments:

Post a Comment