Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clean Up

Before I started putting any actual money into the car I spent many days cleaning up the years of grime and trash. My Mom and her husband had used the car as a basic daily driver. I polished the paint which looks good from far but far from good.

My next step was to replace the good old factory stereo. I picked up a decent Pioneer cd player with Ipod control. This paired with the 1991 premium audio package actually sounds relatively clean. I browsed Craigslist daily looking for the perfect deal on a reasonably priced sub woofer to add some base to the system. I ended up buying a 12" sub, amp and box for about $125. With a clean car and some decent sound I really started feeling the urge to turn this into a project car. My biggest hang-up is that this car is an automatic. I'm all about the driving experience and I wasn't to thrilled to put money into a car that didn't have a manual transmission. So I decided I wouldn't put much money into the car aside from keeping it running and clean. That didn't last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment